This is my initial blog so I can send the link to people that are interested. I will try to update the blog as I can after I start traveling. Updates will depend on how often I can get to an internet connection and how well all this writing goes. Don't expect any novels and don't expect perfection!! I thought I would give the blog a try as a way to keep family and friends up to date on my travels and also help me remember what I did when. My guess is that after a week or so, the events may begin to blur together unless I write them as I go.
I plan to depart on my trip on Monday, June 30 and return home on or before July 24. I have most of my packing complete as the next couple of weeks are going to busy. I plan to ride through the following state/territories on my trip: Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, Alberta and maybe even the southern tip of Alaska if all goes well (only a 600 mile detour from previously planned route). My plan is to not have a plan. I have roads marked on maps and loaded in my GPS that I want to ride but no set route or reservations. I will let the roads take me where they wish. If I like an area I will ride more, if I don't like an area, I will move on. I plan to do a combination of camping and hotels. I have a list of the KOA campgrounds and also the National Forecast campgrounds as a reference. I can also locate lodging options via my GPS system.
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I prepare for and undertake this journey. I have dreamt of doing a ride like this my entire life and my dream is coming true! Thanks to my loving and understanding wife who actually brought the idea to me and said now is the time to do it!
I have attached a few photos at the top for people to see my mode of transportation for the 4 weeks! I even washed it so it is sort of clean (for now) - I don't expect it will stay in this condition long. Anyway, I would rather be riding than washing.
Good bye for now and I will update again once the trip has begun!

No comments:
Post a Comment