Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 10 – July 9 (with pictures)







Today I left from Vernal Utah and first went by the Flaming Gorge Recreational Area. This is a very large reservoir. From here I went to Jackson Wyoming which is near the Teton Mountain range. The Tetons are not a very large range of mountains but they sure are beautiful! I was luck enough to find a campsite in the Tetons National Park. I have the camp site reserved for 2 days because I also can easily go to Yellowstone from here. In the evening I went into Jackson to do a little shopping – not much luck! On the way back to my camp site, I came across a heard of elk attempting to migrate across the road. First the lead male went across the road, while his heard of female and less dominate bucks waited on the other side of the road. Eventually 2 of his heard followed while the traffic waited. At that point I moved on to my camp site to get some rest.

No comments: