Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 13 - July 12 (Updated)




Sorry for the lack of photos on the most recent posts but the internet access and/or the blogspot website have been very slow. I spent a couple of hours last night and another hour this morning just getting what I have now posted. I will try to add more photos later. I will update the titles on the days when I have added the photos.

The KOA I stayed at last night had pancakes available for breakfast this morning. On my way to get some, I saw a garbage can tipped over and garbage spread all over, in figured maybe a dog got into it. At breakfast, I discovered there had been a black bear in camp that was going through the garbage looking for food. It sounds like this is not uncommon as the camp is along a river and the bears go up and down it looking for food. I never heard anything - I was sound a sleep.

Today I had to make a decision about my next travel direction. Do I head west into Idaho and ride there and then go north towards Banff or do I head north in Montana towards Glacier National Park and then to Banff and leave Idaho until later. Decisions, decisions.

I decided to head north towards Glacier National Park and then from there head north towards Banff since that is one of my key destinations. My plan is to then do some of the riding in Idaho and Oregon after my riding in Canada.

So for my ride today I connected several different roads to get me towards Glacier. Several of the roads were very nice and provided some nice scenery as you can see from the photos. My hope was to make it through Glacier National Park but I was feeling pretty tired today so I didn't make it as far as planned and decided to get a hotel room (in Kalispell Montana) to get some rest and get caught up on some things such as updating my blogs. This is the first time I have stayed in a hotel on this trip. Glacier National Park will have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments: